Saturday, November 24, 2012

4 - memories, moleskines, and stephen chbosky

     It's nearly the end of Thanksgiving break. I remember that last Thanksgiving break, I read Across the Universe by Beth Revis (one of my favorite books) and then threw the book at the wall when a certain character death took place. I remember that last Thanksgiving break, my mom lined the banisters with multicolored Christmas lights. We put up the Christmas tree early, and every time you stepped around that corner at the top of the stairs the sight of it would hit you and take your breath away. I remember that my friend H came over a few times and her whole family came along and we ate chocolates and laughed in the living room and her little sister watched Frosty  with me. I like remembering things, measuring how much time has passed since I last remembered them.
     I can't wait for it to be Christmas. I've just got three more weeks of school and a few AP Bio tests to get through.
     On Friday, I bought the unabridged Les Misérables and a limited edition Hobbit Moleskine. It's brown with a shiny red-gold Lonely Mountain etched on the cover. It came with a map of the Wilderlands. My brother bought Assassin's Creed III and I played it a little bit yesterday and today. It's such an interesting concept. I quite like Connor Kenway's sassy classy father. 
     I just googled Hobbit Moleskines and discovered that there's an unruled version in black with a shiny red dragon. Want. 


     And now I leave you with a quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower: "I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it won't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have."

No comments:

Post a Comment