Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1-1-12: year new

(Sorry that this is late. Also, sorry my Christmas blogs aren't in order. :/)

Happy new year! Whoo. Congrats on surviving the end of the world. My achievements from last year involve being represented by a piece of confetti at the olympic games, and that's about it. I have this jar, and every time something nice happens this year I'm going to write it down and put it in the jar. Then on New Year's Eve I'll take them all out and read them.
I wish it was the beginning of Christmas break instead of the end.
I went out in the snow today, which is still here, and took some photos. Now darkness is falling. It is the first darkness of 2013, in a way.
Today we went to that amazing Chinese restaurant again. I ate some sushi. I now know that I do not like sushi. It was fiendishly chewy and sticky, which is awful for a person bearing a full set of braces. The little marshmallow-chocolate squares were delicious, though.
I keep thinking back to last Wednesday, when we had just seen Les Mis and were driving along as it snowed. I wish I could go back to that moment and stay there forever.
I'm going now to write some more of Half. I think I might turn it into a full-length novel. I'm changing the name to Wind Down, for the moment. Not wind as in the stuff that smacks you in the face when you step outside during a snowstorm, but wind as in winding a clock. I started writing ideas for it in my Epic Project Moleskine notebook, and I already have three full pages of ideas and many more to come. The story is unfolding itself wonderfully, unlike my NaNoWriMo, which had to be forced to reveal its secrets.
Now I leave you with one small line from "Sadseasong", by A Fine Frenzy: "Down, down, how I miss you now."

No comments:

Post a Comment