Thursday, January 3, 2013

Updates on "Half"


I've been working on the next few segments of Half. I have some updates on the story that you should know.

1) I originally wanted the novel to have a steampunk setting, but that kind of died gradually. I'm bringing it back. Expect a lot futuristic, mechanical stuff and odd terms. Sorry for the inconsistencies that will ensue from my lack of imagination and/or this sudden odd change.

2) I'm changing Silas' backstory a little. Instead of him leaving home quickly and buying a new apartment, we'll say he's been living with Doc, the character I'm about to introduce, for a little while. Doc is basically his foster father. We'll go more into that later. He still has his robo-arm and everything, which a) I need a proper name for (like bionic arm or me charm or something), and b) is definitely his left arm. I don't know if that was clear before.

3) Instead of Eve's clock malfunctioning, I'm changing it so that she was born with no clock at all. I think that would make more sense pertaining to how noticeable it is and how much ridicule she received in school. 

If I can think of anything else, I'll add it. 

Now, because this is pretty much a normal post, here's a quote from Matt Smith when he was driving a car on Top Gear : "Gently, gently, softly, softly, catchy monkey."

No comments:

Post a Comment