Saturday, January 26, 2013

1 - pass, time.


   A month ago today, the day after Christmas, I saw Les Mis with my dad. It snowed when we left the theater. It snowed hard. The sky was yellow. The going was slow. The air was cold, the shops were closed, and the atmosphere of the night was magical. I didn't realize this until later, when I looked back on the night. I miss it. It was lovely.
   I have so many cherished memories from last year. I wish I could fall asleep and relive those memories over and over again - falling in love with Doctor Who in January, seeing all my old Hunger Games friends in March, lazing around in the summer and visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, reading Homestuck from September to December. Those few days before Christmas - that limbo between exams and vacation - were particularly wonderful. 
   So here's to fond memories.
   Here's to pretty girls who went to our heads.
   Here's to them, and here's to you.
   Drink with me to days gone by.
   Could it be you fear to die?
   Will the world remember you when you fall? 
   Could it be your death means nothing at all?
   Is your life just one more lie?
   Drink with me to days gone by.
   To the life that used to be.

Brief Les Mis shpeel there, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment