Thursday, January 10, 2013

1-10-12: brown paper packages, young revolutionaries


   When I arrived home from school yesterday, there was a very large parcel waiting at my door. It was addressed to me. I ran inside with it and ripped it open while my mom was still getting out of the car. Inside the box was something moderately large and heavy and rectangular, wrapped in greenish-white paper. It was from Barnes and Noble. I ripped off the packaging to find this:

   The Art of Rise of the Guardians! It's this huge book with a ton of concept art from the film. It's really fascinating and gorgeous. I wanted it for Christmas, but I had forgotten about it. Apparently, it's a late gift from my aunt. Thank you, marvelous aunt! <3

There is some really fantastic, inspirational art in here. Lots of really cool sketches of the characters and colorful paintings of backgrounds and CGI models of things. When I first opened it, I skimmed through the book, but then I went to the table of contents and searched for Jack, of course. :3 His concepts are really interesting. I would have taken some pictures to put on here, but I was too lazy, so here are some photos from Google Images. 






    I think that I might enter a piece of Jack Frost into the Art Extravaganza this year. There are some gorgeous paintings in the book, an I might do one in this sort of color chip style. I haven't had much painting experience, so we'll have to see. I wonder if they accept digital art?

   Speaking of digital art, I finished my drawing of Enjolras. :D



   I had issues with his clothing, which is why his outfit is so simple. But I did try my best to make him look like Aaron Tveit. :3 His hair was the bane of my life for a while there. I'm glad this is finally finished. Now I'm working on a drawing of Rose Lalonde.There will also be more Les Mis art coming. Muahaha. 

Now I leave you with a quote, because I've been forgetting to do that recently. From Enjolras: "Who cares about your lonely soul?!" I think that sums up his soullessness pretty well. xD
  

No comments:

Post a Comment