Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10: Aster's Journal - Entry 1


(I'm going to make a series of journal entries where I blog from the point of view of the main character from an apocalyptic novel that I'm working on. Woo.)

   I managed to get some food today. I found a well-stocked grocery store in a vague spot of Wisconsin, but it was, of course, filled with rotters. I safely disposed of them all, more or less. One of them came at me with a burst of speed that I haven't seen in a rotter before. It's possible that they could be evolving. It seems improbable - I never believed in evolution anyway - but they've been around for a while now. Surely they've gotten the hang of this whole human consuming thing. Just as I've gotten the hang of this whole rotter slaying thing.
   I won't deny that I'm good at it. Killing rotters, I mean. It just makes me wonder about what life would be like if. . . there weren't rotters. What would I have become talented at then? I would still be in school. Reading Shakespeare and solving math equations all day instead of traveling further and further into the middle of nowhere, killing an endless supply of things that are already dead.
   I would kill for a life like that. Oh, wait - I have. I've killed so many rotters in an effort to get my life back. 
   I have to find some place to sleep. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment