Friday, October 5, 2012

13: INHERIEXCITEMENT.


   The font that I use most often on this blog is called Goudy Old Style. The reason I love it so much is because it's the typeface that my favorite book series, The Inheritance Cycle, is set in. Yes, I'm that big of a fan. No lie. You may have noticed by the whole dragon-themed blog idea or those fanfictions I'm working on about Anwyn the dragon rider.
   Now guess who's coming to a bookstore in my vicinity on October 26? Christopher Paolini. The author of the Inheritance Cycle.





 I AM SO EXCITED I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO I'M SO EXCITED THAT I'M CURRENTLY REJECTING MY AFOREMENTIONED GRAMMAR OBSESSION JUST LOOK AT ME OH MY WORD


   The Inheritance Cycle is my favorite book series because it's what launched me off into this obsession with reading. I liked to read before, but the worlds that I read about never became as real to me as they did when I read the Inheritance Cycle. I found the first book, Eragon, in a secondhand bookstore when I was twelve, and I bought it because I was stricken with a sudden dragon fascination (after seeing Dreamworks' How To Train Your Dragon). I got the second book, Eldest, as well, because I was about to embark on a trip to England with my mom and I figured I would want reading material. Welp, it ended up becoming my favorite across-the-ocean-journey reading material ever, and to this day I still take one of the books with me when I go on a long trip and end up reading it all the way through.
   The Inheritance Cycle has become a part of me more than any other book series ever has. It's what made me love fantasy, and now I write stories about characters who grew up in a world that I didn't invent, I read sci-fi and fantasy more than I read any other genre, and I dream about being the kind of author who makes people feel for my books the way the Inheritance Cycle makes me feel.
   All because I read a book about dragons when I was twelve.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. I was stuck in the reading-is-okay-I-guess stage until third grade when I came across the first Warriors book. It was purely accidental, but it grabbed my interest, and soon I was reading everything I could get my hands on. By "everything," I mean everything involving adventurous, action-filled fantasy. Fantasy is my genre. All because I read a book about colonized, talking cats when I was ten. (;

    ReplyDelete