Wednesday, May 22, 2013

14 - enjolras/flag. i ship it.

  This week is almost over, thank goodness. Color guard has been fun so far, but I suck at it. I blatantly suck. There are so many things I'm having problems with. Everyone says I'll get better at it, but during practices I tend to panic and then I forget what I'm doing. My instructor has to keep calling me out because I do stuff wrong, and I'm okay with learning, but I hate feeling scrutinized. I hate how everyone turns to look at me when my name gets called out. I almost burst into tears a few times today, but everyone else says that when they first started out in guard they cried every day of practice. I just want to get better so that I don't feel so out of place. 
   I'm considering buying a flag so I can practice periodically during the summer. I found a bunch of websites that have cheap practice flags. I'd like to get a pure red one so that I can be like Enjolras.





  Yes, this is a thing that's going to happen.
  We are currently dissecting pigs in AP Bio, which is the last thing we'll be doing this year. It was okay for the first day, when we went over lab procedures and pulled our piglets out of their plastic vacuum coffins. The enjoyment factor dropped dramatically in the two days that followed. I find the task rather tedious and grotesque. It doesn't gross me out or make me feel sick, it just seems inherently wrong. I also hate the smell, but everyone does.
   I'm looking forward to the end of this year, but I will miss my Spanish class. Best class of the day, right there. There are only about 16 of us in seventh period, and it feels like a little family by now. ^u^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment