Tuesday, May 14, 2013

9 - old sport

 Yesterday was the AP Bio exam. Let's not talk about it. 
  I also got a haircut. My hair was past my shoulders before, but it now comes up to the middle of my neck and is all fluffy and stuff. I'm waiting for it to loose the freakishly perfect hairdresser-ness, because I don't really like it that way, so I haven't really begun to like it yet. Meh.
   After I got a haircut, we went to see The Great Gatsby. The book is one of my favorites, so I knew it was going to be sad, but that movie was heartbreaking. It was so awful to watch Gatsby's whole dream deteriorate. I cried really hard. I almost never cry in movies, and I've never cried as hard during a film as I did in Gatsby.
   It sure was beautiful, though. It was really true to the book, and I think Baz Luhrmann nicely captured what the novel was trying to convey. Everything was so gorgeous and shiny and extravagant. 
 One thing I found surprising was Jordan Baker. Book Jordan put on a careless air that covered an enthusiasm and intelligence she had for things. Movie Jordan seemed less interesting, but I actually think she was my favorite character in the film. I loved the way she moved. Does that even make any sense? I don't know. I just liked Jordan and Gatsby omg Gatsby was so earnest and cute when he was all worried about seeing Daisy and omg fjsdfdhsjfkhdksf 

Here's a gif of his stupid adorable face. Gosh, I really love Gatsby as a character. I am, like, emotionally invested in his well-being. I think that's why I cried so much in the theater.






   

No comments:

Post a Comment