Tuesday, December 11, 2012

14 - high school dance things and cheeseburger secrets

   On Sunday night, I attended a dance... thing. There was loud music and punch and fancy clothes and teenagers everywhere. Ash Hunter (blog here) invited me, and it was quite interesting. I have never been to a high school dance. I did not dance with anyone. Ash did. I was happy to comply with third wheeling, third wheeling through time and space. I am surprised that she hasn't blogged about it yet. (hinthintashgoblogaboutithint)
   I wore a skirt and a shirt and some tights and some sparkly fingerless gloves. I kept eating cheetos out of the massive bowl at the back, and Ash claims that this was where I spent the evening, although I really only ate, like, seven. Really. The punch was green, and I called it Hulk Juice, but they ran out of that and it became blue instead. I renamed it Jack Frost juice. 
   There was a lot of dancing. I pretty much embarrassed myself with my never-before-attempted dance moves, and then I noticed that some people from school were there and I'm pretty sure that was the moment when I migrated towards the massive heavenly cheetos bowl. The high schoolers were forced to perform a synchronized dance contest thing that involved jazz hands and the Gangnam Style dance. I learned how to do it in about five minutes and did just as badly as everyone else, which was comforting. I met a girl and talked with her about Homestuck. I met a guy who seemed to like Ash. I met a glorious red velvet cupcake, and we rather enjoyed each other's company.
    When all of the socializing and dancing and consumption of cheetos and Jack Frost punch had ended, I went home with Ash because we had school together the next day and  it was late anyways. In the car we sang songs from Les Mis loudly and harmoniously. At home, Ash threatened to grill me like a cheeseburger. I will not reveal over what topic she wished to cook me to a juicy medium-rare and then melt a creamy, smooth slice of american cheese over me.
    And that is the story of my first ever high school dance thing. I will watch out for cheeseburgers in the future.

Why, I almost forgot to end this with a quote. "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn. My God, do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

1 comment: