Thursday, December 13, 2012

16 - Memories


    You know those moments where something is happening that's so wonderful that time seems to stop, and later you look back on it and realize that the event has been forever hallowed within your head as one of those extremely fond memories that stay with you forever, which you wouldn't have guessed would happen unless you did in fact look back on it? Then whenever you're doing nothing your mind automatically goes to those moments, and you can remember all the little details that made it so perfect.
    Some of the memories like this in my head include being on the set of The Hunger Games and exploring the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with my dad in August, especially standing in line for the dragon roller coaster and drinking butter beer and sharing a geek connection with someone in the gift shop. I wish I had asked them what their name was. I remember how on our last day in Florida, my dad went to a modeling convention in a Disney hotel so I sat outside on a bench outside the conference room and drew in my sketchbook and watched the people go by. I was extremely hungry. Once a group of girls came by, and one of them complimented my drawing and asked me if I had read Homestuck, which I hadn't. Not yet. Then another girl came by who was wearing a shirt that said "Keep Calm and Eheheh", which is a reference to Loki from the Avengers. In Epcott there was this employee in the Canada gift shop who freaked out over my Doctor Who shirt and told me that they were going to start selling Doctor Who merchandise in the England section. She wrote me a magical moments postcard, which apparently they give out at Disney when magical things happen, and I still have it. Her name was Megan. 
     There was this one thing that happened at Universal. Maybe I'll write a story about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment