Thursday, March 14, 2013

18 - pi

It is Thursday, March 13, also known as Pi Day. I spent a really long time last night making a quadrillion snickerdoodles (with icing pi symbols on top) to bring in to school today. They are delicious, but the recipe said it would only produce 24 cookies. I got five batches out of that dough, man. What am I supposed to do with all of these cookies??????  dude I got up at like 5 a.m. and made all these freaking cookies

Here are three cool facts about π so you can get your daily dose of education:
- Albert Einstein was born on Pi Day. 
- Computing π is considered a stress test for a computer. 
- Hiroyoki Gotu holds the world record for numbers of π memorized at 42,195.

There that was fun now let's stop talking about math 

I have to finish my AP Bio project tonight. Otherwise, I won't be able to go to the beach this weekend, because that is where we are going. 

I recently read This Side of Paradise, and I enjoyed it very much. Fun Fact: F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife, Zelda, was so dramatic that once, when she noticed him talking with someone else at a party, she threw herself down a flight of marble stairs to get his attention. She was later diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Then Scott died from alcoholism and she literally died in a fire. Sad story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment