Monday, March 25, 2013

2 - starlight stuff?

So I've written the next two installments of Starlight. But there are several problems I have come across. 

1) Marky is a really unlikeable character. I wanted her to be unlikeable, which is why I made her so cynical, but now I realize - especially when written in a school setting - that she's rather Bella Swan-ish. And I definitely don't want that. Nor do I really want the awkwardness that ensues when Marky goes into school in the next few installments, and it's made me really uncomfortable with this whole story in general, so I think I may restart it - or at least edit the entries that are already published - so that I can do the tweaking that I desire. I don't really know what I'll do for the beginning, but I know what I want to happen, so I'll just work towards that. I have all the secondary characters planned out. Marky herself seems really boring to me, though, especially with the stuff I was going to put her through. 

2) Starlight is the name of a novel by Neil Gaiman. I'd rather my story have an original title, so that's getting changed as well.

That is all, I suppose. -ollies out-

No comments:

Post a Comment