Saturday, March 9, 2013

8 - this is the last post about it i promise

   I recently attended a wonderful birthday party. We played cops and robbers and I ate, like, five cupcakes and we watched Howl's Moving Castle. 
   Afterward, we went to the mall. I got some cool brush markers, which I am about to try out. I read a good amount of Ranger's Apprentice no.5, The Sorcerer of the North. Another friend and I sniffed almost all the candles in the Yankee Candle store. I want to raid that place. I got a minty milkshake thing from McDonald's. We found a book in Barnes and Noble's that creepily relates to our lives. We visited Wet Seal and American Eagle. 
  Then we went Aeropostale. 
  I've never been there before, and my friends wanted me to see it. So we walked in. And guess who was there? Her. Yes, her. My best friend who apparently left me so she could spend the rest of her life snuggling or whatever with her boyfriend, so it seems. Of course he was with her. Not like they ever spend any time together.  Her mom was there as well, spouting some stuff about how sorry she was that she never replies to my mom's calls and how they missed/forgot about the scheduled dinners and mall trips and blatant attempts at restoring our friendship that I had made with Celeste. Yeah, Celeste. That's what I'll call her for now.

So this is what happened. My thoughts during the events are in italics. What I said is in normal font.

I enter from stage left, stage left representing the front of the store. Celeste, Celeste's Mom (CM) and Celeste's Boyfriend (CB) enter from stage right, stage right representing the back of the store. 

Me: (thinking) oh my god they had to be here they had to ruin my day didn't they
Celeste: Hey, girrrl!!!!1111!
Me: you have to use that term with me? as if we're still friends, as if nothing ever happened between us? Oh, hi.
CB: (stares at me vapidly)
Celeste: I'm sorry I didn't answer your texts earlier! My phone is dead! (laughs) I dropped it in water or it got wet or my dog ate it or I simply ignored your messages or some other lame excuse!!!!11!
Me: Oh, that's okay. It's totally not okay.
CM: I'm so sorry I haven't replied to your mom's phone calls! (laugh laugh laugh ohsofunnyhaha laugh) We've been so busy! Life just gets so busy, you know!!!!
Me: Yeah, I know. You're too busy for me, even though I'd always make time for you. That's okay.
Celeste: Well, it was really nice seeing you!!!!!!!
Me: wait what

Celeste, CM, and CB prance toward stage left and disappear. They are gone. They do not look back.

Me: (watches them go. Begins walking toward stage right, looking behind me every few moments, unable to leave that they left so quickly.)
Me: what but but are you just going to leave did you really just leave what what why are you doing this to me enejskejhakehjskaehsaesaesaesa
Me: (continues walking toward stage right, punching in a phone number, my throat hardening.)
My mom: (answers from other line) Hello?
Me: You'll never believe who I just saw at the mall.
My mom: Who?
Me: (unable to speak. gathers up resolve) Camden.
My mom: What?! What did she say?
Me: (silent.)
Me: (gasps for air. cannot breathe.)
Me: (begins to cry.)
Me: (cannot speak.)
Me: She just… left. And he was there and her mom was there and they just left they just left me here like they didn't even care - (cries.)
Mom: Alright. We'll talk about this when we get home. You're going to have to make some decisions. Don't cry, honey. Try to have fun with your friends.
Me: (tearfully) Bye, then. (hangs up. cries.)

Then my friends were there and they helped because they are wonderful friends. Thank you, wonderful friends. <3 

But I'm just. . . really a;hsahdohasdasihd;h god, I'm just so upset I don't understand. I mean nothing to her anymore. Nothing. I thought we were friends. I thought I thought I thought. None of my thoughts ever mean anything when it comes to her, do they? They're always wrong. I'm always wrong. She doesn't care about me anymore.

I can't do this anymore. I'll talk about it later.   

No comments:

Post a Comment